Crafts Technology is looking for a Engineering Intern that is a problem solver and one who looks forward to being involved in every stage of the engineering process, from design to production.
Traditional manufacturing receives in drawings and simply produces the components.
Crafts Technology is not a traditional manufacture.
Our team takes the concepts from our customers and analyzes them intending to produce the most advanced tooling that will enhance the utilization & performance of industrial equipment.
This engineering position will be involved in every step of this process.
The engineer will take concepts and drawings from the end customer and work with a cross-functional team to conceive the optimum components or sub-assembly.
This process includes considering factors of design, manufacturability, supply-chain, packaging, and proprietary (IP) items to develop the most advanced tooling in the world.
Once a design has is finalized the engineer’s responsibility to develop the processing steps that will be required to produce the component most effectively.
The engineer will then manage the transition of the product from each phase of manufacturing, Prototype – Pilot – Production – Continuous Improvement.
This sequence not only produces the most advanced tooling but also maximizes the profit generated by the organization, as the company conducts Profit Sharing and is Employee Owned, each member of the organization shares in these successes of the company.
- Support engineering related activities
- Produce professional engineering drawings utilizing SolidWorks.
- Participate in product design efforts.
- Continuous Learner – Manufacturing, Materials Science, Lean Manufacturing
- Interface with supply base on part design, material recommendations, failure analysis and quality.
- Identify, design and implement process improvement changes to enhance quality and improve the productivity of manufacturing.
- Conduct engineering products to optimize the critical areas of the operation, including: drawings, shipping, brazing, marking, EDM (electrical discharge machining), and many more.
- Problem Solver
- Interested in pursuing a career in engineering.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- A team mentality approach for all activities, the foundation of Crafts culture.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Currently pursuing a bachelors degree in Engineering
- Crafts does not and will not sponsor applicants for a work visa.
Please submit resume and cover letter, via email, to: email@example.com
Contact: Rojar Patel, Crafts Technology, 847-758-3100 x248
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran